Saturday, May 23, 2015

CC3C - Eroded Metallic

Happy happy crafty Saturday! So here's another challenge to get your crafty week going in the new Compendium of Curiosities III Challenge!!! Thanks for all the Alcohol Ink entries last about LOVE!!!  Thank you for inspiring us, and for all the wonderful comments!  The Curiosity Crew and I always love all of the entries!
This new challenge, number twenty-nine...WOW!... is using the Eroded Metallic Technique. Talk about super cool and super fun! You must try this one!!! Don't give up if it doesn't turn out like you want at first. Do several tags at once and take the best one. I promise you won't be disappointed with the technique once you get it down! People will really wonder how you did that.  Please play along so you can win some fabulous prizes donated by the ever generous Tim and Mario, and this challenge's sponsor, Inspiration Emporium!!! You will have two weeks to complete this challenge and link it up to the CC3Challenge site, and you can read all the rules here. Please take the time to visit every member of the Curiosity Crew (See below.) for not only some grungy, rusted goodness inspiration, but for a chance to win some extra goodies!
I've had a paper mache box sitting on my work desk for ages, so I thought this technique would work wonders on it, and it did! I LOVE how it came out, and the industrial yet feminine feel to the box was just how I envisioned it...that rarely happens.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this technique! This box was totally transformed!
I added a layer of Glue N Seal to the whole box so that none of the paint layers would chip away.
I inked over the box and misted with water once it was dry, and then to preserve all the cool effects of the Distress and water, I lightly rubber a little of the new Distress Glaze over it to preserve the look. This stuff is awesome, and doesn't alter any of the Distress. I also used Alcohol Ink to age the metal pieces.
I trimmed the Wallflower Paper to fit inside the box.
I inked and crumpled up some of the paper for the inside.
I used the new Lace from Idea-ology, added a little Mushroom Alcohol Ink to it as well as Brushed Pewter and Cracked Pistachio Distress Stain. It look like vintage lace now. I also added Industrious Border Stickers to the lace, and then added on all the metal pieces.

AND...can you believe there are only five more challenges after this one??? Time flies when you are having crafting fun!!! I hope you join along on this will love the results even if it takes a little bit of practice.


I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mixed Media Goodness by Jeanye Mercer

Last month, I had the priviledge to meet and see a new artist's work, and boy did I fall in love! Her name is Jeanye Mercer, and she is relatively new to mixed media, and really relatively new to art in general. In fact, she is shy and humble, and that makes me like her all the more.  She makes the most beautiful canvases, and layers them on with goodies and does lots of her own drawings on them. She really pours her whole self into them, and each piece has special meaning to her. I was so inspired and so impressed by her, that I told her I would mention her work here on my blog, and point you all to her Etsy Shop, were she has awesome quality prints of her work.  You won't be disappointed...FABULOUS!  Enjoy!

I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Java To Go at Bella Crafts!

Hello everyone! If you love coffee like I do, and love to give gift cards for the good stuff, then head over to Bella Crafts where I have a tutorial to make this small artsy gift card holder for someone worthy...;0)...using some new Tim Holtz and Sizzix goodies (Hello Inksheets Transfer Film!)!!! Here are some more pictures of the project as well. 

Thanks again for all the comments, retweets, and favorites on my projects at Bella Crafts. I'm thrilled you all are liking them!!! Until next time!
I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!